SUMMERTIME IN HAMILTON, NJ
June 26th, 2012
To us summertime means picnic time. It’s the best time of the year to get outside spread out a blanket and relax. If you are in an outdoorsy mood allow us to make a few suggestions:
- Veterans Park located off of the 2552 block of Klockner Rd is a spacious park that offers several walking paths located throughout their wooded areas, intermittent picnic grounds and sports facilities including tennis, soccer and softball. You can also gaze out at the picturesque Veterans Lake centered with a beautiful high flying fountain.
- Head over to nearby Briarwood Swimming Pool at 200 Gest Mill Ct. Trenton, NJ to take a dip in this public swimming pool.
- If you are in the mood for something a little more unique try Kuser Farm Park located at 390 Newkirk Avenue Hamilton, NJ. In addition to the sprawling grounds, the Kuser Farm Mansion built in the early 1800’s offers visitors guided tours of the period rooms. Visitors can also take a self guided tour around the mansion grounds to explore the vast estate.
- And what’s a summer picnic without some seriously great sandwiches try Little King Sandwich Shop at 1951 Hwy 33 Trenton, NJ. Their “South Jersey” sub with Italian salami, ham, a red pepper spread, oil, and vinegar is our favorite.
- The “Schwartzie” at Primo Hoagies 4607 Nottingham Way Hamilton Square, NJ is another of our picnic go-to’s; it’s loaded with corned beef, Swiss cheese, coleslaw and Russian dressing.
If you liked our suggestions check out our other post here about all of our favorite Hamilton, NJ businesses. From us to you, have an awesome summer!