Spring Cleaning Challenge
October 12th, 2021
It is that time of year again, clean out the house room by room. AR&C Self Storage in Hamilton NJ has you covered with daily tasks. Easy things to do around the house to disinfect and get your home ready for nice weather.
Get started today with these easy tips for cleaning around the house.
Week One: Focus on the Bathroom
- Sanitize or replace the shower curtain
- Clean out products under the sink.
- After disinfecting the toilet, add a 1/4 cup of Pine-Sol to the toilet brush holder.
- Clean tiles with a magic eraser or bleach spray.
- Clean grout using baking soda toothpaste
Week Two: Bedroom and Living Room
- Wash pillows with warm water and use a tennis ball when drying.
- Clean out dryer vents.
- Clean the washing machine
- Shampoo carpets and rugs
- Touch up paint spots throughout the house
- Wipe down walls with bleach and water
Week Three: Kitchen
- Clean out the drain using hot water and baking soda
- Wipe down the inside of the microwave by heating up a bowl of lemon water
- Place a bowl of vinegar on the top shelf of the dishwasher to sanitize
- Wash grilling utensils
- Through away expired food from the pantry
Week Four: Curbside Appeal
- Rake up leftover leaves from the fall
- Clean out the shed and move extra tools to storage
- Move sticks and yard debris to the curb or pick up
- Prune trees and shrubs
- Clean off the patio and pull furniture from storage
Don't Forget the storage unit!
While you clean around the house your storage unit should be on your list of to-dos this spring. Take inventory of what you are storing and remove any broken items. Now that AR&C Self Storage is a Charity Storage location you can leave your gently used items with us for the next storage auction.
Move your seasonal gear to a storage unit in Hamilton NJ today!