FINDING A MOVING COMPANY
July 13th, 2021
Moving is a stressful occurrence, but choosing the right moving company can help ease the worry. A moving company will make the process easier on you and your family. Finding a moving company that you trust is essential. Follow the below tips when choosing a moving company to make sure you find the one that fits your needs:
- Make sure you feel absolutely comfortable with whatever moving company you end up using. This is the most important tip!
- Don’t wait until last minute to research the companies. This will make the process very exhausting and rushed.
- Look around a few different places for moving companies. Ask friends, ask storage facilities, google the area, and check Angie’s List. In Hamilton New Jersey we recommend contacting Harris Movers at 609-918-1901.
- Ask at least 2 companies for in-home estimates (3-4 are better, so you make sure you get the best price).
Packing your belongings is always part of the process when moving. The last thing you want to happen when you arrive at your new location is to have broken or damaged belongings. Below are moving tips to make sure your belongings arrive safely at their new home and to make the process easier:
- Label boxes with a sharpie or sticker labels. When you begin unpacking in your new home, you will find your belongings much easier!
- Use zip lock bags or small containers for parts, such as the bolts or screws from furniture. Attach the container/bag to the object it came from so that it’s easier to put back together.