7 Tips for Winterizing Your Vehicle
November 11th, 2019
Do you have a collector car, spare car, maybe a hybrid? If you are preparing for winter weather check out these quick tips for winterizing your vehicle.
7 Winterizing The Spare Car
- Wash the car first!
- Find a storage space to park your car out of the driveway.
- Change the oil before moving to storage.
- Inflate tires to recommended PSI.
- Top off coolant and other fluids.
- Use a car cover even in storage.
- Chock the wheels to prevent the car from rolling.
Hybrid Car Winterizing
- Lighten your load to get the most our of front-wheel-drive cars.
- Consider using snow tires.
- Make sure your tires have enough tread for the predicted conditions.
- Routinely clean under the car.
- Purchase quality windshield wipers.
- Warm up the car before driving off.
- Keep your car plugged in all the time to conserve battery drainage.
Whether storing a spare car or preparing to purchase a hybrid car before winter, these vehicle storage tips will help you keep going in every winter storm.
AR&C Self Storage has drive-up storage units and interior storage options to help store the rest of your belongings throughout the season. Even if spring comes 6 weeks early, your car will be prepared for all climates with these suggestions.
Give us a call today to store your personal or business belongings with us.